AmateuRadioMalaysia

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Do you know Series - 7

Table 1 - International Q-Code (Extract from UK RAE)

QRG
What is my exact frequency?
Your exact frequency is......kHz
QRH
Does my frequency vary?
Your frequency varies
QRI
What is the tone of my transmission?
The tone of your transmission is .. (amateur T1- T9)
QRK
What is the readability of my signals?
The readability of your transmission is... (amateur R1 - R5)
QRL
Are you busy?
I am busy. Please do not interfere.
QRM
Are you being interfered with?
I am being interfered with.
QRN
Are you troubled by static?
I am troubled by static.
QRO
Shall I increase power?
Increase power.
QRP
Shall I decrease power?
Decrease power.
QRT
Shall I stop sending?
Stop sending
QRU
Have you anything for me?
I have nothing for you.
QRV
Are you ready?
I am ready.
QRX
When will you call me again?
I will call you again (at .... hours.)
QRZ
Who is calling me?
You are being called by ......... (on ....kHz)
QSA
What is the strength of my signals?
The strength of your signals is ..... (amateur S1 - S9)
QSB
Are my signals fading?
Your signals are fading.
QSD
Is my keying defective?
Your keying is defective.
QSL
Can you give me acknowledgement of receipt?
I give you my acknowledgment of receipt.
QSO
Can you communicate with..... direct (or by relay) ?
I can communicate with .... direct (or by relay through...)
QSP
Will you relay to....? ..
I will relay to.....
QSY
Shall I change to another frequency?
Change to another frequency (or to .....kHz)
QTH
What is your location? ...
My location is....
QTR
What is the correct time?
The correct time is ..... hours


Table 2 Use of Q-Codes as nouns

QRG
Frequency
QRK
Signal strength / Readability
QSL
Verification card
QSO
Radio contact
QSY
Change of frequency
QTH
Location
QRT
Close down
QRX
Stand by
QSB
Fading
QRM
Interference from other stations
QRN
Interference from atmospherics
QSP
Relay message electrical apparatus
QRO
High power
QRP
Low power

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home